When considering the safety of your cryptocurrency, whether staked or not, applying common sense is crucial:
- Whenever possible, keep your tokens in a hardware wallet. If that’s not an option, use a wallet like Metamask but be extra cautious about phishing and the Metamask browser extension you use. The least secure place to keep your crypto is on an exchange.
- Do not disclose your private key(s) to anyone, e.g. do not enter your private key on websites and avoid keeping it in clouds or your email (as these are susceptible to hacking)
- Make sure you keep your wallet seed phrase somewhere safe.
- Pick strong passwords and do not reuse them for different services.
- Whenever possible, use two-factor authentication (2FA). Keep in mind that using an app like Google Authenticator is always better than 2FA via SMS.
- Avoid connecting your devices to internet connections that may not be secure (e.g. a public Wi-Fi network that’s not password-protected).
- Only trust information on the official Ambire AdEx website and blog.
You can also find a detailed guide we published on the topic: Protect Your Crypto Assets with a Quick OpSec Guide
Article is closed for comments.