When you create an Ambire Wallet account you have the option to backup your key at Ambire Cloud or not.
If you choose not to do that, you need to go to the "Security" menu and download your key via "Export" (in a form of JSON file) before logging out from the account, or clearing your browser data/local storage.
If happens to log out, clear your browser data/local storage, etc, before you have exported your JSON file, the key can no longer be recovered that way and the only option from this point forward is to trigger the 3 day recovery process, which is valid only for the network where you are changing it.
Once you recover your account, you should download your JSON file again (as soon as possible) and keep it safe.
To do that, please do the following:
- Visit the https://wallet.ambire.com/ page
- Enter your e-mail (if you aren't logged in yet) and click the authorize button on the e-mail you have received.
- Go back to your Ambire Wallet and click on the "Security" tab
- Click on "Change password" and select the option "Reset the key and password"
- Fill in your new password and confirm it. Tick the mandatory boxes below the password fields, informing you that the password that you are changing will only be applicable to the network, which you currently have selected. Also it is important to not that this recovery process takes 3 days.
6. Click on "Confirm"
7. Sign the transaction - you will be asked to select the transaction speed and confirm the transaction by entering the authorisation code you have received on your e-mail or via OTP code on your Authenticator app.
Once the 3 day period is over and the password is reset - you need to download you JSON file.
Note that this should be done on the network where your tokens are and the recovery works only for this network.
If you have assets on other networks - you need to follow the same procedure on any single one of them.
Once you recover your account - do not forget to Export your key, keep it safe and use it to login at your account. Then you should be able to sign without any issues.