Posted by Ambire Wallet on Jun 27st, 2022
A crypto user’s handbook for exploring the Arbitrum ecosystem and winning exclusive NFTs
— Part 2 —
Hi there, Ambirenauts 🧑🏽🚀
We’ve seen an eventful first week in the Arbitrum Odyssey 🔥 And it’s also going to be a rewarding first week for those who bridged or used an exchange to transfer some ETH into the hottest L2 around.
You guessed it: we’re back with Part 2 of our guide to the Odyssey, and today we’re looking at how to claim your week 1 NFTs, as well as how to complete Week 2 tasks.
Ready? Let’s go 🚀
Claiming Week 1 NFTs
Those of you who managed to successfully send ETH to your Arbitrum address can claim your NFTs starting with Tuesday, June 28th 13:00 EST (18:00 UTC). To claim, just go straight to the Project Galaxy event page: https://galaxy.eco/arbitrum/campaign/GCCNzUtQiW
There, you should connect the Ambire Wallet account you used to send ETH to Arbitrum in Week 1, via Wallet Connect (by now you already know how to connect Ambire with dApps, easily):
Once connected, you should be able to see the very cute NFT that is waiting for the claiming period to start:
When claiming becomes available (June 28th 13:00 EST), simply click on the button and that will take you to minting the NFT(s) that you have won. Keep in mind that there will be a fee for the mint, so be sure to have enough liquidity on Arbitrum in your Ambire account, in order to mint & claim (you should have some ETH from your bridging tasks).
As a bonus for the first week, an extra NFT will be awarded to those that bridged from the platform with the most transactions in the first week — after results are in, this is Hop Protocol — so you should be able to see and claim a second NFT if you used Hop or a bridge that routed through Hop Protocol to bridge your ETH. You can claim this bonus NFT here: https://galaxy.eco/HopProtocol/campaign/GCmydUtumN
That’s all there is to it — after the claim and mint you should be able to see your NFTs in your Ambire Wallet dashboard 🎉
Week 2 Tasks: Engage on Arbitrum, Get Two New NFTs
Week 2 of Arbitrum Odyssey will officially commence on June 28th, also at 13:00 EST, and last until July 4th, 12:59 EST. This week comes with tasks to be performed in two protocols, as follows:
1. Yield — a permissionless market for collateralized fixed-rate borrowing and lending. To qualify for this NFT you should perform at least one of the following 3 tasks ( just one is enough, not all 3 are required), using any asset with any maturity:
- Provide liquidity (“Pool”) of $50 or above worth, here: https://app.yieldprotocol.com/pool
- Lend $50 or above worth, here: https://app.yieldprotocol.com/lend
- Borrow $100 or above worth of assets using supported collateral, here: https://app.yieldprotocol.com/borrow
Note that to lend or provide liquidity, you need to have funds on Arbitrum. If you don’t have enough for the minimum sum, you can just use a bridge or exchange to send the difference to your Arbitrum account on Ambire, just like you did in the week 1 task. Another important detail is that lending, pooling or borrowing on Yield have lock-up periods until the end of September, so be sure you understand that you will make a medium-term commitment.
2. GMX — a decentralized perpetual exchange. Here, there will be 3 tasks necessary, and all 3 must be completed to qualify for receiving an NFT:
- Make a leveraged trade via https://gmx.io/trade
- Be a liquidity provider on GMX (mint GLP ) via https://gmx.io/buy_glp
- Do a spot swap on GMX via https://gmx.io/trade
Note that there is a minimum sum of 10$ equivalent in crypto needed for opening a leveraged trade on GMX. Also important: minting GLP has a 15 minute cooldown before you can remove liquidity. These are safety and security mechanisms of the GMX platform that have existed since the protocol’s launch.
That’s all for now, we’ll be back with step-by-step guides for each of the tasks of Week 2, as details and specifics will be announced when the event officially starts.
Until then, make sure you claim your week 1 NFTs and as always: keep the flame on 🔥🔥🔥