In Ambire Wallet you can easily add, remove and change the settings of the addresses which are authorized to log in. All of this can be done through the Security tab on the left side menu of your Dashboard.
Editing existing signers
In the Authorized signers box, you will be able to see all signers which are currently authorized to sign in to your Ambire Wallet, make changes to them, or add a new one. Here you can:
- Assign default signers - click on the check box in the upper left corner of the signer's card.
- Add or remove signers. Please keep in mind that this action involves a transaction fee.
- Change the password of your account. You can find more information on how to change your password in this article. Only available to accounts with e-mail/password sign-in.
Adding a new signer
Step 1: From the Security tab in your Dashboard go to the box "Authorized signers" and click on the "Add signer" option. A pop-up window will appear, where you can select the new signer you want to add. Currently available options are Trezor, Ledger and Grid+ as hardware wallet signers, and MetaMask as web3 wallet signer.
You have two options - to straight away add the address of the new signer or select the address from one of the available options - hardware or Web3 wallet. Then click on "Add" button.
Step 2: Review and sign the transaction. You can choose to pay the fees with or without the gas tank option, which you can learn more about here. If you wish to enable the gas tank, you can simply go back to your dashboard, click on the Gas Tank tab and move the slider tab to enable it.
If your gas tank is disabled, select the token with which you want to pay the fee, as well as how fast you want the transaction to be executed. Higher fees are charged for faster transactions.
If your gas tank is enabled, you will be able to use only the tokens, which you have previously deposited in the gas tank and you will need to choose the speed of the transaction, which you prefer. The fees section will also show you how much you would save in terms of gas fees by using the gas tank.
Step 4: Confirming the transaction
Depending on how you logged in, by using email, Metamask, Trezor, Ledger or Grid+, there are a few transaction confirmation options you could be presented with after clicking on Sign and Send.
- Email login: In order to confirm the transaction, you will be asked to type in your password, as well as a one-time password (OTP), which will be automatically sent to the email address you registered with or a 2FA authentication code if you have activated your 2FA authentication. Please keep in mind that the OTP is active only for 3 minutes.
- Metamask login: A Metamask window with a confirmation option will automatically pop up. After you sign the transaction there, it will be confirmed in the Ambire Wallet.
- Trezor, Ledger or Grid+: The transaction needs to be confirmed in your hardware wallet